This level of programmes provide information and values based education on human sexuality appropriate for the age group of years 5 to 6.
Growing & Changing
For years 5 to 6
‘Growing & Changing’ is designed to encourage and resource parents, enabling them to share, instruct and talk with their children confidently.
The format of this module is as a facilitated evening session with parents and children.
- To support parents in their role as primary educators of their children.
- To communicate the Christian understanding of human sexuality and relalationships.
- To educate students on how to healthily integrate all aspects of their Hauora (emotional, spiritual, intellectual, physical and social) as they grow and change in adolescence.
- To facilitate learning in an environment that encourages interaction and respect.
- Session 1 – Beginning our Journey
Setting goals together.
- Session 2 – The Miracle of Life
Our first journey from conception to birth.
- Session 3 – The Gift of Aroha
Learning to love our Whānau, friends and God
- Session 4 – Whānaungatanga
Forming healthy friendships.
- Session 5 – Adolescence
Changing from childhood to adulthood.
- Session 6 – Puberty
Growing and changing toward the gift of fertility.
- Session 7 – Married Love
Starting a new family.
- Session 8 – Loving Now
Showing aroha everyday.